If you are super busy then you probably don’t have a clue how the minerals affect your health.
However, if you are neglecting these important nutrients you could be setting yourself up for a fall. In this article I explain why minerals are important for good health no matter how busy you are and discuss some quick and easy ways to incorporate minerals into your diet.
Why Minerals Are Important No Matter How Busy You Are
Out of all the essential nutrients, minerals receive the least publicity by far. Most people have heard about carbohydrates, fats and protein and vitamins constantly receive heaps of praise. However, minerals tend to go under the radar.
Despite the lack of publicity, minerals are very important for good health. They support almost every function in your body and act in a protective capacity. The list below outlines some of the many roles of minerals in your body:
- Keeping Your Blood Healthy.
- Keeping Your Bones Strong.
- Keeping Your Hair Healthy.
- Keeping Your Nails Healthy.
- Keeping Your Skin Healthy.
- Keeping Your Vital Organs Healthy.
- Keeping Your Teeth Strong.
- Protecting Against Disease.
- Protecting Against Free Radicals.
- Protecting Against Inflammation.
- Removing Waste Materials From The Body.
- Supporting Healthy Digestion.
Not getting enough minerals can have a number of adverse effects and in the worst cases can seriously damage your body. The list below outlines some of the minor and major effects of failing to get enough minerals in your diet:
- Circulatory Problems.
- Dry Skin.
- High Blood Pressure.
- Painful Inflammation.
- Rapid Heartbeats.
- Tooth Decay.
Mineral Rich Foods Which Can Easily Be Added To Your Diet
As you can see, thinking about minerals is definitely worth a moment of your time. The good news is that adding minerals to your diet doesn’t take much longer than that. Simply follow the suggestions below to start incorporating minerals into your diet with just a few minutes work:
1) Breakfast Omelette:- Butter, cheese, milk and eggs are a fantastic source of many different minerals. So why not try combining all these ingredients for a mineral packed breakfast omelette. Omelettes take less than five minutes to cook and can you can add different ingredients every time to keep them fresh.
2) Seafood & Nut Salad:- Almonds, Brazil nuts, oysters, prawns and spinach contain high levels of various minerals. You can quickly create a mineral packed dish by combining all these foods in a bowl then adding a small amount of white wine vinegar for taste.
3) Meat & Garlic:- Beef, chicken and garlic are all nutrient rich foods. So next time you have a beef or chicken based dish make sure you cook the meat with garlic to maximize the amount of minerals it contains.
You should never be too busy to focus on your health. When it comes to the minerals investing just five minutes or ten minutes each day can really make a difference to your overall health. If you consider this small amount of time can help keep your blood healthy, keep you safe from arthritis and much more, it really is a no brainer. So if your diet is currently very limited and lacking minerals, start incorporating some of the quick and easy suggestions discussed in this article and give your body the nutrition it deserves.